In this week’s issue I share…
1) That time (last Thursday) when my Instagram post about our family’s number one rule went viral.
2)Austin Kleon on parenting as an artist.
3) What are the steps from honing your craft to having a career?
What I’ve learned and am learning as a career artist and songwriter in Nashville.
In this week’s issue I…
1) answer a question no one’s ever asked me, which is, “Should I get a paper route or a dairy cow?”
2) check in on how my new album Up North is doing on Spotify, and
3) talk to my fellow songwriters about whether they should move to Nashville.
If you like to watch people play and sing, this is a video of me doing that. Do I play and sing perfectly? No. Do I perform the song just like the studio version? Not really, but you might like it.
After the Ricky Gervais tweet about my song being in After Life, my friend Mark asked how stuff like that happens. So with his permission, I’m going to post our email exchange, in case any of you have similar questions. Mark: So, if you’ll oblige me, did they pick that song at random and just tell